Smiling is a universal language that needs no translation. At Simply Beautiful Smiles, we believe everyone deserves the confidence that comes with having a beautiful smile! This is the principle we were founded on over 20 years ago when veteran dentist Dr. Louis D’Angelo opened the first Simply Beautiful Smiles location.
Today, we’re comprised of a family of individual dental practices with over 25 locations throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We are proud to have a network of amazing doctors and dental specialists who love bringing a smile to their patients’ faces. Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry, led by Dr. Mona Patel, DMD, is the latest addition to the Simply Beautiful Smiles family.
About Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry
This dental clinic is dedicated to bringing you the best available care. A combination of proven preventative services and effective restorative care provides you with a beautiful smile to last a lifetime.
Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry operates on the idea that mutual understanding and clear, concise communication are the keys to helping patients make informed oral health decisions. That’s why the team is fully transparent about treatment options and what is most likely to serve your family’s dental needs best. The lead dentist at Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry also completes hundreds of hours of continuing education each year to stay on top of the latest technology and techniques available in modern dentistry.
About Dr. Mona Patel
Dr. Mona Patel was primed to become a clinical care provider from a young age. Her father owned a pediatric medical practice, which allowed her to observe clinical precision and genuine care for patients up close. At the ripe age of 17, Dr. Patel enrolled in dental school, graduating from the University of Birmingham’s dental program in 1990.
Having been raised in England, Dr. Patel practiced for a short time in Coventry before moving to the United States. Here, she attended the prestigious University of Pennsylvania Dental School to pursue her career in America. While earning her degree, she served as a clinical instructor for final-year dental students.
Dr. Patel joined a private practice in 1995, which later became Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry. Over the past 25 years, she has focused on providing comprehensive and complex dentistry services, proving her skills and ensuring outstanding care for patients of all ages.
Advanced Dental Technology
Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry is dedicated in using the latest technology to improve your overall oral health. Dental technology plays an important role in our patient-first philosophy. By continuously staying up-to-date with new technological advancements, our dental technology allows us to improve the accuracy of diagnosis, patient experience, and provide enhanced results. Our modern equipment has helped all our patients gain access to more convenient, gentle, and effective dentistry.
Below is some of the state-of-the-art dental technology and equipment used in our office:
- CEREC® Same-day Crowns: CEREC® is a modern restorative technology that offers both convenience and breathtaking results. This equipment allows Dr. Patel to create and place crowns, inlays, onlays, and veneers in just a single visit.
- T-Scan: A tool used to evaluate the bite (occlusion) of a patient. By having the patient bite down on the T-Scan, Dr. Patel can evaluate readings that are sent to the chair-side monitor. This provides her information about the patient’s bite alignment, points o
- Galileos Cone Beam Scanner- This 3-D imaging system provides Dr. Patel with HD digital images of your entire mouth and face. The scan only takes 14 seconds and is comfortable for each patient. The 3-D images produced help us accurately diagnose a number of dental issues and evaluate the best course of treatment.
- CariVu Camera- The DEXIS CariVu is the latest technology to assist dentists with diagnosing cavities and cracks in your teeth. The handheld device uses a safe, infrared-style light to make your tooth surface transparent, which reveals cavities taking shape.
- Digital X-rays- Provides high-quality, digital radiographs in minutes with 90% less radiation for patients.
- Soft Tissue Laser- This modern technology allows us to perform soft tissue procedures without discomfort and with shorter healing times.
- DIAGNOdent- Portable laser unit designed to detect cavities on the surface of back teeth.
- Intra-Oral Cameras- This miniature video camera allows you to see what we see during your exam.
Dr. Mona Patel Specializes in Sleep Apnea Treatment
Although snoring is common, contrary to popular belief it is not “normal”. Sleeping should be a silent activity. Snoring is not natural and, unless you have a cold or congestion, you should breathe effortlessly when you are awake or asleep. If you have a problem with consistent snoring, and are looking for a sleep apnea expert, Dr. Mona Patel can help! Dr.Patel utilizes the latest technology and methods in sleep apnea treatments and invests in ongoing education to reduce the risk of sleep apnea and better our patients’ quality of life.
Other Dental Services Provided by Dr. Patel and Staff
This full-service dental practice in Abington, PA provides everything you need to smile with confidence. The services available from Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry include:
- Whole-health education
- Preventative care
- Deep cleanings
- Metal-free fillings
- Periodontal therapy
- Dental implants
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Smile design
- Same-day restorative care
The team at Mona N. Patel Distinctive Dentistry is here to make your next dental visit as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. To discuss your oral health concerns or schedule an appointment, please call 215-884-3477